Friday 18 May 2007

Friday Share

I apologise for the paucity of my posts this week; it will return back to normal next week. In the mean time I'm deliberately taking a break from racial stories today and this is my share for this week.

I don't usually like black metal. It has a tendency to be just "noise" and have screaming vocals which I don't often like. However, one black metal band I do like are Norwegian band Dimmu Borgir. They still have many black metal characteristics such as screamed vocals, but there is also a lot of genuinely good music among their discography as they take a more melodic approach than many other bands in the genre. The song posted below, "The Serpentine Offering" is a good example of this as is demonstrated in the long orchestral opening and in the clean vocals performed by the band's bassist, who actually has an amazing voice.

Anyway, enjoy and if I don't post again this weekend, I definitely will begin again in earnest next week.

No comments: