Thursday 24 April 2008

Round-up

1. I ignored the rest of this article, but what I did pay attention to was the fact that it at last reveals what happened during an allegedly racist incident in the House of Commons, which I wrote about a couple of weeks ago. Back then I was dismissive of the incident based on the limited information we had, but now having read the full account (see article for details; account starts in paragraph 7), I've changed my tune and it does indeed appear racist. I condemn this attitude expressed by the Conservative MP.

2. Formula One's governing body launched a "subdued" anti-racism campaign today at the same track where Spanish fans taunted black driver Lewis Hamilton. Yes, that's right - they're wasting lots of money on campaigns to combat three people who wore black face make-up and T-shirts saying "Hamilton's Familly" - people who deny they are racist, as it happens. I *heart* political correctness.

No comments: