Monday 14 April 2008

Debating With Dhimmis...Again

Earlier today I had another debate with an Islamic apologist. It was fun.

All the usual stuff was there. I quoted the Qur'an and Sunnah. He told me that I was misrepresenting it, and that I was endorsing the views of a Tiny Minority of Extremists. I quoted him a raft of Islamic scholars, jurists and spiritual authorities who teach jihad according to the Qur'an. After that, he continued to assert that only a Tiny Minority of Extremists believe in jihad according to the Qur'an.

The next stage, following the predictable pattern, was the usual bunch of quotes from the Bible. When I explained why these quotes were not equivalent to violent passages in the Qur'an, and challenged him to give me an example of where such quotes had been used by Christians to justify violence, he came up empty, but continued to insist that Christianity was just as bad as Islam. After all, what about the Crusades and the Inquisition?

The best part was his attempts to convince me that Hitler was a Christian who based the Holocaust on the Bible. I pointed out to him that Hitler's writings actually show that he despised Christianity and planned to eradicate it after he had finished with the Jews. He ignored this and proceeded to provide me with a bunch of quotes from Hitler which he claimed showed that Hitler was a Christian who based the Holocaust on the Bible. But virtually every one of these quotes was shorn from its original context or otherwise completely misread, and most said the exact opposite of what he thought they said. In one particularly amazing case, he printed a quote from a book about Hitler which was not only misrepresented, but on the very same page of the book there was another passage in which Hitler spoke of his dislike of Christianity!

There was, of course, also the usual projection in which I was accused of "lumping every Muslim in the world together", even though I had said half a dozen times prior to that it would be wrong to lump every Muslim in the world together.

This level of cognitive dissonance is unsurprisingly common among Islamic apologists. So wafer-thin are their arguments that they will resort to absolutely anything. They ignore the most blatant evidence, make assertions without their own evidence, and generally misrepresent virtually everything you say to them. In the end, after I showed him how callously he had bastardised the facts, he gave up. It is quite fitting that after his attempts to beat me into silence with disingenuousness and unsubstantiated claims, he was ultimately the one who retreated with his tail between his legs.

These people are little more than intellectual cowards.

No comments: