Thursday 27 December 2007

Debating With Dhimmis Part II

The following is a reproduction of a recent exchange I had online, debating with your typical liberal PC Islamic apologist. I thought I'd post it as an example of the kind of thing I have to put up with when I attempt to educate people on Islam, and the typical responses I give. Also, it is noteworthy that this kind of level of "debate" really is what your average Western dhimmi goes in for.

-----------------------------------------------------

Quote: What I meant was...
all your posts on concerning Islam
should be considered 'racist'.

My reply: Really? And what race is Islam again?

Quote:
I must say...
you sure did a lot of research.
Now I could do research
of my own to refute
your ridiculous claims,
but frankly...
I'm lazy.
How convenient.

Quote:
I am just gonna say this...
The words of the Prophet...
The verses of the Quran...
The words of the Prophet's companions...
cannot be interpreted by just anyone.

Only experts in the fields
of Islamic studies and Arabic Literature
are qualified to do so.
I see. And yet those "experts in the field", some of the greatest scholars and jurists in the history of Islam, seem to have come to the conclusion that Islam is teaching Muslims hatred and violence, as I have demonstrated many times with quotes from great Islamic thinkers. And in the modern day, influential clerics and imams seem also to have got the impression that Islam is violent: Omar Rahman, a lecturer at Islam's highest spiritual learning centre, Cairo's Al-Azhar University, once said: "Listen, my brother: there is a whole sura [chapter of the Qur'an] called 'The Spoils of War'; there is no Sura of Peace. Jihad and killing is the head of Islam. If you take it out, you cut off the head of Islam." Rahman later went on to mastermind the 1993 World Trade Centre bombing.

Did you catch that? That quote insinuating that violence was integral to Islam was not made by a "racist" - a highly educated Muslim said that; a Muslim who was teaching other Muslims about Islam - and who went on to be a terrorist. How does that happen?

And with this we get to the real crux of the thing: I am not a Qur'anic scholar. I have never claimed to be. And I don't interpret ANY passage of the Qur'an or Islamic tradition for myself. I only ever report on how jihadists use this material to justify violence, and how traditional Islamic scholars - not just "extremists" - interpret this same material. And according to you, doing that makes me hateful. It's amazing how many people today will accuse someone who reports on another person's hatred of being hateful themselves. It's the PC way to deal with uncomfortable ideas.

Quote:
It's like trying
to explain to a KKK
member that Blacks
are humans too and should be treated as such.
No, it's really not, because I have never said that Muslims are not human and should not be treated equally. In fact, I've actually said in the past: "I believe in the dignity and equality of rights of all people, and will continue to oppose the elements of Islam which contravene the Universal Declaration of Human Rights". How hateful!

Quote:
What happened to you?
Seriously.
Did a Muslim kid steal your lollipop
when you were young?
No. But someone must have stolen your spine.

No comments: