Tuesday 24 April 2007

Imus: Marks Two And Three

CBS Radio in the US has suspended two DJs for a prank on-air call to a Chinese restaurant using lewd language and ordering "shrimp flied lice".

CBS has suspended New York-based DJs Jeff Vandergrift and Dan Lay indefinitely and without pay.

A US-Chinese association has said the two should be fired.

Don Imus leaves his home in New York, 12 April 2007

In the six-minute prank broadcast, the caller says he wants to see one of the female employees of the restaurant naked and calls a part of her body "hot, Asian, spicy".

The caller brags of his kung-fu abilities and swears a number of times.

Personally I thought the prank was hilarious. But I'm just cold-hearted, I'm sure.

Seriously, this is ridiculous. No one is safe from the PC police anymore. I'll state it categorically now: I wholly support Don Imus, Jeff Vandergrift and Dan Lay and, if I could, I would give them all their jobs back.

No comments: