Monday 9 June 2008

Antisemitism...

Charles Johnson at Little Green Footballs today posts a link to a post at Digg.com with the title "LGF: Not a blind supporter of Israel? You're an anti-semite."

Now, I agree with Charles on most things, but on this I happen to agree with his detractors. Charles has a habit of seeing ANY and ALL criticism of Israel as evidence of "anti-semitism". But that's simply wrong and hysterical. If you hate Israel, I think you are a fool. I think you are a dangerous fool. I do not, however, think you are antisemitic. I think you hate Israel because it is so closely allied with America, and you hate America. I think Charles needs to learn this basic difference. Liberals don't hate Israel because it's full of Jews - they hate it because they're self-loathing and despise America, simultaneously loving our enemies, and since Israel represents opposition to our enemies equivalent to that of the States, they despise Israel, too. Simple.

No comments: