Friday 16 February 2007

Off-topic...

There are whispers that there are talks going on to hammer out a deal on a film or TV adaption of Stephen King's epic Dark Tower series of novels, with J.J.Abrams of Lost fame set to direct.

Personally, I can't see anything substantial here and don't honestly believe these rumours, but if they are true I can't wait. The Dark Tower is my favourite series of books of all time. It has originality, humour, excitement and great, memorable characters. In my opinion Roland Deschain is the greatest literary character ever to bless the bookshops. If done right (and I would have good faith in Abrams to do it right) it could be absolutely brilliant.

Last year some time I was working in my spare time on a teleplay for the first "episode" of the series - which was based on the first book, The Gunslinger - and got part way through adapting the second book as well. Nothing official, you understand; just for my own amusement and curiosity as to what a TV adaption would be like. And if this series does materialise and is anything like the vision in my head, I'll be a very happy man.

No comments: